I only just recently came across Michaela’s blog, Michaela Jean Blog, but was instantly struck by how sweet, yet straight forward and honest, she seemed!! As a newcomer to her blog myself I am excited to follow along with her new posts and to also look back into the archives of her blog to get to know her style and blog better as well! I was so pleased she was willing to be a part of this project and am excited to introduce her to you today! 🙂
1) When/Why did you first start blogging? After college in Fall of 2011. My best friend had read a couple fashion blogs and thought it would be fun to create one together! After we dabbled in fashion blogging for a year or two I officially began blogging on my own in October of 2013. Clearly I am hooked.
2) Why did you choose your blog name? Well my blog is narcissistically named… However, no one actually calls me Michaela Jean except my mother on a rare occasion. I chose to keep my blog name simple and straight forward because I didn’t want the name to restrict or limit my content. I wanted my blog to be truly my own virtual space, and so I put my name on it.
3) What is the core story or purpose behind your blog? My blog is ultimately a creative outlet. I couldn’t say it documents a story (other than my own personal experiences), or that it has a true purpose. The reason it exists is because I enjoy a melange of creative hobbies: writing, painting, fashion, design, photography, etc. and my blog allows my to explore and highlight them all!
4) What do you hope your blog will become and continue to be? I hope that it will evolve into more of a lifestyle blog that emphasizes art and costal living. I really think those two subjects are a core part of who I am and I would love for my blog to better represent that truth.
5) What would be different in your life if blogs didn’t exist? Well for one I would lose a large chunk of my favorite internet browsing. But I think most importantly I think I would lose quite a bit of my personal story. In a way my blog is a very censored memoir and one of my favorite parts about its existence is being able to look back at older posts and see what I’ve done, where I’ve been and how I saw my life then versus now.
| for more Blogger Autobiography archives and information on the project go HERE |